Powered by Blogger.

if you cant tone it, tan it!


In college, I was a tanning bed junkie. You could even say I was Snooki status. It was not cute and more importantly, NOT healthy. Now that I'm older and wiser (ha) I've said adios to tanning beds and welcomed fake tanning into my life. I am very fair skinned but prefer to have a healthy glow and explored the world of spray tan/lotion/mousse/etc. I have had my fair share of mishaps (think missed spots and streaky arms) but let my bumpy road to discovery be your victory. These are my top 3 favorites.

Versaspa- Seriously, nothing compares. I love me a good spray tan because it is easy and quick and almost impossible to mess up. The Versaspa takes about 30 seconds to spray and blow dries you afterwards. New to spray tans? Try the level 1 and work you way up with comfort. Don't worry, you won't look like Lindsay Lohan! Like with any self tanner, exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate. Your tan will distribute much more evenly and last much longer. I find a Versaspa spray tan lasts about 5 days but you can extend the life of it by using their at home spray (which I find actually works unlike most of that junk tanning salons try to sell you) or by using....

Jergens Natural Glow Lotion- This is a gradual tanner so it may take a few days to achieve the color you are looking for if you're starting from your natural skin color but there is little room for error this way. If you are planning to use this before an event, be sure to give yourself 3-4 days of lotioning to get a good color. As my bff and I discovered in our sorority days, lotioning every 4 hours the day before does not actually work... (Also, a great measure of a bff? How often they'll lotion your back for you. Thanks for the help always, twinsie <3)
OR
St. Tropez Tanning Mousse- This is NOT a gradual tanner and color appears pretty immediately. I prefer the mousse to the lotion because I think it goes on a bit smoother. Be sure to use the tanning mitt to help avoid streaks and tanning the palms of your hand! The color is great and lasts longer than any other self tanner I've tried. I'm not 100% convinced the price is worth it, especially as I prefer to spray tan, but if I was only using at home products, I'd be more easily convinced. This stuff is great!

1 comment

  1. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete