Powered by Blogger.

closet staples, volume 2: shoes

&& we're back for our second installment of closet staples. A few weeks ago I shared with you my favorite pieces of outerwear and that are the pieces I reach for to wear over and over. This post is all about shoes. And coincidentally -- I swear I didn't plan it this way -- a few of the shoes I consider my closet MVP's I also wore in a few out of the outwear outfits. Just goes to show you that some bloggers do wear things multiple ways. :)

First up...

\\ 1. S T R A P P Y   H E E L S //

I bought these at Zara a few seasons ago and never looked back. While they are tall and took a few wears to break in, they are my go to dressy sandal. They are easily dressed up or down and make for the perfect wedding shoe. The nude color elongates my leg and matches everything. You cannot go wrong with a nude strappy sandal.


\\ 2. L E O P A R D   F L A T S //

Say it with me: leopard is a neutral. Leopard loafers or flats are the easiest way to add a little jazz to an outfit while still maintaining a neutral color pairing. I love these driving loafers but also own two three other pairs of leopard print shoes. Match them with denim as seen here or with black cigarette pants and crisp white shirt at work. I promise the possibilities are endless. I've listed a ton of pairs here all under $75 so they wont break the bank.



\\ 3. C O M F O R T A B L E   S N E A K E R S //

I was a smidge late to the athleisure trend but am so glad I jumped on board. Any excuse to wear comfortables shoes all day is one that works for me. I easily go from working out in these Nike's to running errands. Comfortable and chic is a no brainer, right?


\\ 4. L I G H T   W E D G E S //


Summer wedges and espadrilles can be a bit tricky for me. I have stocky legs and clunky shoes can only make them look even more like tree stumps. I got this pair from Payless of all places (shockingly!) and they are honestly some of the most comfortable shoes I own. I can wear them all weekend running errands or out to dinner. They are easily worn pants, shorts, and dresses alike. Finding wedges that won't overwhelm your legs can be tough but lucky for you, I've already done the work for you.

//
What shoes do you reach for the most in your closet?


1 comment

  1. I was just searching for such heels,i love those heels,The best part of it is its color.Your overall look is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete