Powered by Blogger.

beauty products i've been loving lately


It's no secret I'm a bit of a product junkie. It's a trait I absolutely get from my mother. Every time I'm home, I look through every medicine cabinet, bathroom drawer, and her vanity table to check out all the new products she has been trying. Her vanity has every type of skin care product you can imagine -- hence why her skin looks so great.  We always exchange make up tips and she gives me all the products she's picked up but doesn't feel like returning to Ulta. Her loss is my gain!

Sharing our favorite new beauty finds is one of my favorite things about being home. And while I don't expect that to change, there is no reason I can't share some of those updates here in the mean time!


I bought these on a whim knowing that I wanted to get better at applying false lashes. I'm so glad I did! These are light to wear, give good length, and are natural looking so you don't feel like a Kardashian. At less than $10, you don't have much to lose trying them out. If you're not sure how to apply lashes, watch this tutorial. I found it really helpful. I prefer these lashes to the ones she uses but the Duo glue is great.

I got this in my Birchbox (before I cancelled my subscription. It's just not as good as it used to be, right) and plan to reorder it in full size once I run out. I have naturally really fine, flat hair and need all the help I can get to get any sort of oomph. It takes a miracle product to give me the oomph desired without the stickiness and feeling of product build up. My fine hair sisters, you know what I'm talking about. I spray this at my roots when my hair is damp, brush it through and then blow dry. It gives good lift and you can still run your hands through your hair!

This is another product on a whim. I was on business travel and forgot bronzer so I popped into one of the 1084910 million Duane Reade's in New York. I had seen the product advertised but hadn't read any non sponsored reviews so I figured I would try it out. Duane Reade has a really good return policy so I figured I could return it if I really hated it or I could leave it in my travel bag for touch ups on the road. I was really pleasantly surprised by this product. You have to build the color but its a really buildable formula and the shades are really flattering for my light skin tone. The highlight is a pretty shade that I used on my eyelids on the weekends when I want a little color but not to be done up. If you're new to or intimidated by contouring, check this out!

I got my first ever gel manicure before heading to California a few weeks ago. I loved the look, didn't love the price tag and especially didn't love the damage it did to my nails. My mom recommended this polish and I'm still testing it out. I'm really hard on my nails so I have low expectations for polish. This top coat sets my polish for 4-5 days and I usually add another coat so that it lasts a few more days. I'm used to nails chipping after a day (or even the same evening!) so 4-5 days if fine by me. The product is thick which I love but FYI, it takes a steady hand to apply.

This is worth every.single.penny. I use dry shampoo more than any other product I own so I've always been hesitant to try an expensive product knowing how quickly I go through cans. This one also came in my Birchbox and I plan to rebuy after I finish this can. I use my drugstore favorites throughout the week but use this one around my crown on second day hair during the work week. I use it sparingly and let the cheap stuff do the hard work. 

I've been using this biotin supplements for 3 months now and I can see a noticeable difference in my hair as can my hair dresser. I was using the Nature's Bounty supplements for awhile, which I really liked, but I've seen faster growth with the Sports Research softgels. And since its crunch time for  the wedding grow out (less than three months to go!), the difference in price is worth the money.

Oh. My. God. you guys. This is hands down and praise a higher being the best body butter I have ever tried. It smells delicious, leaves my skin silky smooth, is quick to absorb and doesn't leave my feeling oily. It is everything you could want in an argan oil and absolutely worth the price tag. A little (and I mean a little) goes a really long way.

//

What products are you loving right now? Anything I should check out?




4 comments

  1. Intrigued by the Essie and the body butter! I've been loving Zoya's nail polishes because they don't chip as quickly, but am always down to add an extra top coat or two to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try Zoya! I get SO frustrated when my nails chip after only a day so 4-5 days of minimal, if any, chipping is a win. It's not two weeks like gel at a salon but it'll do! xx

      Delete
  2. I always want to know what eyelashes people wear! I have been wanting to try some but didn't know where to start. Love this post!

    xo, Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to trim the width of these so they fit but I find them to be really natural! Let me know if you end up trying them. A salesperson at Ulta said they were her personal favorite for everyday wear. xx

      Delete