Powered by Blogger.

fall has arrived!



Actually, it has not. It’s still in the upper 70’s here in DC and no matter how many times I put on a blazer this week, it's not yet time to start burning pumpkin spice candles and overwearing blanket scarves. Though if you're looking for a good one, check out this one from Target!


But this weekend, when I woke up to a crisp 65 degrees, my inner San Franciscan cried tears of joy. 65 degrees is light jacket weather which is one step closer to layering weather. And ladies, layering is.my.jam. When you grew up in a city where the temperatures range from 50-60 degrees depending on what neighborhood you're in, you learn how to layer very effectively. I grew up on the sunny side of town and went to school near the beach is the foggier side of the city so I had to learn the skill of layering early on. 


So on Saturday when the weather called for a light jacket and my to-do list included running errands (which always leads to mindlessly shopping at TJ Maxx and Target) I knew it was the perfect time to toss on this new soft drapey parka from Aeropostale. Yea, that Aeropostale that you shopped at way back when in high school. I've partnered with them for almost a year now and their soft drapy tees, like this striped one, have become a staple in the weekend rotation. With reasonable prices and quick ship times, they're worth checking out. As temperatures continue to cool, I foresee this shirt getting a lot of layering wear.


----------
parka: c/o Aeropostale
shirt: c/o Aeropostale
jeans: Gap
bag: Banana Republic
shoes: Target (similar)

5 comments

  1. Ahh that little purse is so cute! And Chicago is the same way right now--I wish it would finally dip down and really feel like fall! I need layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that's from Aero! Love the parka!
    xoxo - katestylepetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your fall style.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so not ready to embrace fall just yet! As much as I want to cozy up inside, I know that winter is coming so close!

    That said, you look darling and that purse is gorgeous!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete