Powered by Blogger.

a casual work environment


Remember last week when I super casually threw in the fact that I started a new job? Leaving my old job was a long time coming (more on that in the future) so I'm really enjoying the challenges that come with starting a new position -- learning processes, identifying areas for opportunity, meeting new people, etc. What is particularly exciting is the dress code for my new office is casual business casual or creative casual! So not quite casual like running errands on the weekend casual but jeans are totally acceptable and pencil skirts are not required. Praise a higher being! Getting dressed in the morning has become so.much.easier. 

Instead of reaching from my classic pumps each morning, I've been reaching for booties like this pair from Johnston & Murphy. The suede and leather are both buttery soft and the heel is just high enough to give my legs length but comfortable enough to wear all day (including my walking commute to the metro each morning). And perhaps most importantly, they go seamlessly from desk to drinks even if you don't work in a casual environment like I do.  Johnston & Murphy has always been committed to reinventing classics so a classic peep toe bootie works for a more traditional office but the grey suede makes gives the shoe a bit of edge for drinks or dinner after work. Win, win right? 

While you're poking around the Johnston & Murphy website, be sure to check out this illustration of their history. Any footwear good enough for the White House is definitely good enough for me.


..........
Thank you Johnston & Murphy for partnering with me on this post. As always you can trust that opinions are only my own.

4 comments

  1. great outfit and happy to see your site back in action

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should thank you for posting this blog on the grounds that the subject is particularly sought after today and everybody needs to find out about work environment. Jobs in Waterford

    ReplyDelete