Powered by Blogger.

[drug store dupe] mac vs revlon


It is absolutely no secret that I love playing around with lipstick. In my humble opinion, lipstick really completes a look and is a fun way to experiment with new looks. A bold red lip is sexy, playful and classic. Being fair skinned, I learned (the hard way) I need a red with a blue base. After lots of searching, I landed on MAC Red and I loved it. However, I started looking for a cheaper alternative and discovered Revlon's Certainly Red. I love Revlon lipstick because it is creamy and long lasting. I wish it was a liiittle more moisturizing but for $5, I'll live. This shade of red has a great blue base and bright shade really comparable to MAC Red. The MAC option is more moisturizing and lasts longer but if you're diving into reds for the first time a) YAY! and b) try the Revlon version first to save a few dollars while you decide if its for you. Spoiler alert: It is.  

6 comments

  1. Hi! Love these colors! We should have a makeover night. I need you to show me how to wear liquid eyeliner..in a way that doesn't make me look like a stripper or drug addict. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, sign me up! Makeup, Bachelorette and vino ASAP! xo

      Delete
  2. I really love the revlon lipsticks! I find they last for me! Also, one trick I like is to put lip chap on, and then put the lipstick on! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such great colors! Great idea about the lip chap!

      Delete
  3. i learned (also the hard way) after investing in some super pricey lip fonts (50 or 60 bucks) that revlon is more durable, generally, and just the more bang for the buck. plus, tubes always lend themselves to re-application, because you do not need an accessory to paint it on!

    my latest favorite is revlon british red, with just a hint of orange/coral. may not work with your skin tone, but it is lovely for us slightly olive ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally totally agree! I wish I could pull off orange/coral. Just isn't quite the right look for me.

      Delete