Powered by Blogger.

[work wear wednesday] go to store for work clothes

For my first time buying a suit, a coworker told me I had to go to Banana Republic. At the time, I maybe owned one or two things from there (that I probably stole borrowed from my mama). I checked out the website and nearly cried while preparing myself to spend the money on a suit. I needed one and I had to bite the bullet and get one. But my co-worker let me in on a little secret -BR has 40% off sales ALL THE TIME. And that is how my love affair with suits started. 

Working in DC, things are a bit more formal so I think its great to always have a jacket at the ready to attend a meeting or lunch with. I work a lot of formal events, so suits are a must. I was afraid I was going to look like a total square (which I'm not convinced that I don't) but mixing and matching jackets with different skirts has been my way to maintain my own personal style while dressing up a bit more.

As with my other go to store for work clothes, don't you ever pay full price for anything at BR. If you need to build a work wardrobe, sign up for their mailing list and watch all the discount codes roll in. BR has great work wear staples at totally affordable prices if you time it right. While most of my office wardrobe does not come from BR, the big ticket pieces like my suits and classic shift dresses do. And once you have the staples, it's much easier to jazz it up with fun statement necklace or brightly colored H&M blazer. 
//jacket -sold out online(similar for fall)/top//necklace//skirt//shoes (shockingly, one of the comfiest heels I own!)//

7 comments

  1. I love this outfit. For someone that is soon entering the work world, this is a great inspiration :)

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Tara's link up-- I think your outfit is so perfect! Love it! Too funny about BR, since my first items came from my mom's closet, too :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you found the perfect jacket for work and for play! Loved how you paired it with the stripes. And it's crazy how much quality suits cost!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your adorable blog via link up! So adorable! Love how you styled this look! Perfection!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    P.S. You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that beautiful skirt and the yellow with it. What a great color combo!! Thank you so much for linking up and I'll see you in stripes tomorrow.
    Walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is SO cute! All the colors look great together, and I love the pop of yellow from the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post.....
    Corporate Wear For Women Brisbane - Purchase the high quality products and attractive corporate wear for ladies in Brisbane easily and more comfortably.

    ReplyDelete