Powered by Blogger.

weekly round up 1.10


This week has been my first full week back in DC and at work since the holidays (well even before the holidays considering how sick I was the week before Christmas!) and it has felt really nice to get back in the routine. I left San Francisco pretty homesick and eager to find routine again -my band-aid for feeling homesick- amongst a lot of personal change. I've been writing in my gratitude journal daily and I had an ah-ha moment. I really love what I do- both professionally and personally. Routine isn't a band-aid anymore, routine is doing what I love doing over and over.  Maybe its the new year, maybe its something in the water, but I just feel like a little rain cloud I was living under for a bit has moved on. Isn't that so corny? Be glad I didn't use a quote about a rainbow...

I recently discovered Jessica's blog My Style Vita and it quickly became one of my favorites and a daily read. This week she shared her home tour and my goodness she has the cutest home and a real eye for decor. Check out the full tour at Style Me Pretty. I think her kitchen and dining room is my favorite.

Every so often, I try to convince myself I could be a vegetarian. On days I'm feeling especially bold, I'm confident I could go vegan. Spoiler alert: I love cheese WAY too much to ever be vegan. In an attempt to pacify my vegetarian dreams, I try to have a meatless dinner at twice a week. I can't wait to try this Marinated Sesame Tofu recipe from Emma over at A Beautiful Mess.

I'm getting a little sick of the X number of  things you have to do/be/try/live for before or while your X age lists all over social media. You know which ones I'm talking about right? The thought catalog lists about what your 20s are for or all the life lessons you should learn. Learn that 'ish your darn self. Or don't learn it. Do what YOU please. I was all high and mighty about it until I read this 20 Things Women Should No Longer Apologize For and loved it. Whoops.

I loved my American Girl doll growing up (Samantha for the win!) and was interested to see how much it was worth now. Apparently not much more than I (read: my grandma) spent on it in the first place. 

Speaking of American Girl dolls, have you seen The Cast of HBO's Girls as American Girl Dolls? Nailed it.

I grabbed this lace peplum top in white from the J.Crew clearance sale this week. I love it!

Have any exciting weekend plans? I'm thinking mine will be filled with a lot of football playoffs with Aaron.

Hope you had a great one whatever you're up to!

xo

PS- I'm linking up with Lauren and Lauren this week!

2 comments

  1. Haha I do the same thing with thinking I could be a vegetarian...and then I have something with meat, and it all ends very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout out on my home tour!

    xoxo

    Jessica
    My Style Vita

    ReplyDelete