Powered by Blogger.

recent favs from birchbox


Its no secret I love my Birchbox subscription. I know some people think its gone downhill recently and it seems I know more people cancelling than signing up. I still think its worth the $10; its a fun monthly surprise and I've found quite a few products that I love through my subscription. Even if I don't end up buying a full size (sorry BB!) I get a lot of use out of my samples.

Some samples I've been loving recently....

1. TONI&GUY Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray
This is great for making easy beachy waves that LAST. I've been using this on the day2 hair especially on the day after I've curled my hair. I'm happy to do a little tutorial sometime but its really simple, I just twist my hair into two little buns and spray this texturizing spray. When I take out the buns, I have really simple waves that last all day.

2. Juice Beauty Oil-free Moisturizer
I suppose you could call it a New Years Resolution but I've really committed to skin care this year. I'm starting a new regime (that I'll share with you soon!) but I've also been using this moisturizer intermittently. It leaves my skin feeling tight, clean and NOT oily which is a huge plus in my book.

3. ORIGINS Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask
I l-o-v-e LOVE this mask. The difference in my pores was noticeable after one use. This is definitely one of those samples I'll be purchasing a full size of. ORIGINS products leave my skin feeling fresh and clean and I think are really worth the money.

4. Sumita Brow Pencil
Note that this pencil was not a sample in my box but a purchase made with my birchbox points. I've written before about struggling to find a brow product I loved but this is it, guys. It is super easy to use and blend and is great for a relatively newbie to brow shaping like me! And it's affordable. Only $11!

5. Chella Highlighter Pencil
Light and easy to use, this highlighter is great for contouring and eye highlighting. When I'm feeling extra fancy, I use this to contour on my brow, cheek bones and nose. On a day that I just want my eyes to pop, I use this in the inner lid and under my brows. The pencil is fine enough to be great for both.

6. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
Because I use so much darn dry shampoo, I need a really good clarifying shampoo once a week to really scrub my scalp and hair clean. This shampoo does a really fantastic job at clarifying and leaving my hair squeaky clean without also leaving it feeling dry, stripped or damaged. I'm not 100% convinced there isn't a less expensive version that can't do the same thing but for now I've stopped looking. I really love this product.

Do you Birchbox? Check it out if you're not already signed up!



1 comment