Powered by Blogger.

a few of my favorite things

I often hear the terms fashion blogger and style blogger used synonymously and I think for for a number of bloggers, that's probably fair. But I'm just not a high fashion girl. I of course enjoy fashion but what I enjoy more is pulling together my own personal style. And then developing that style by mixing and matching new looks/fashion trends with my favorite things already in my closet. And hopefully landing with a combination that makes a friend say "oh that's so Nicole!"

Inadvertently, this little outfit is made up of some of my favorite things in my closet - my trusty jean jacket that needs no introduction, a chunky cable knit scarf that keeps me oh so cozy, riding boots that match everything and an oxblood felt hat that is likely my favorite impulse purchase ever from Target (bold statement, I know)- without trying to mix it with something new. It's just a plain and simple combination of my favorite things and it makes me happy. And keeps me very comfy.

What are your go-tos? Do you have favorite pieces in your closet you can mix and match every which way?
----------
jacket- j.crew factory
dress- target (old)
scarf- gap (similar)
hat- target (similar)
bag- 3.1 phillip lim target
boots- frye

linking up with Lauren!

13 comments

  1. LOOOOVE this look, Nicole! Fall perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! Those boots are gorgeous!

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite combos for fall! Simply gorgeous!

    xo,
    Ray
    Four Season Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect fall combo! obsessed with the floral dress, boots (fryes are amazing), tights, etc...you look fantastic!

    xo, Alicia
    River City Chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also one to whom style is far more important than fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress with these boots. I have a pair of thermal leggings I've been wearing pretty consistently lately. I love those comfy go-to pieces.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect fall look! Love it all!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving how the dress looks so vintage!

    -Jenny, DaisyGem

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great - very boho chic.
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hat is gorgeous, girl! Thank you SO much for linking up with Spotlight Weekly!!!

    xoxo,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This whole outfit is amazing, but I must say the creme de la creme piece is your hat! I love it and am in the market for a boho fall hat right now! Thanks for sharing, I didn't know there were some at Target. Stopping by from the hat link up!
    -Chelsey
    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sooo loving your scarf and hat! Such nice accents to make this look like a fun yet fashionable outfit :) stunning girl!!

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete