Powered by Blogger.

DIY envelope liners


Hi friends! I hope you had a good weekend!

I think most of us had a three day weekend, and boy, did I need it. I know you're probably rolling your eyes considering I just came back from holiday break two weeks ago but does anyone need an excuse for needing a three day weekend? I don't think so.

I spent Saturday morning with two friends at a DIY invitation making workshop at our local Paper Source. We have been talking about attending one of their workshops for quite some time but  had trouble finding a class/time that worked for our schedules. The stars aligned and we could all make their DIY invitation workshop which was especially convenient for me since I plan to make our own wedding stationery. If you haven't taken one of their classes before, I highly recommend checking out their workshop and events page. The class was a blast, only $20, and was a great way to start the weekend. We all learned so much and I couldn't wait to start playing when I got home.

One of the things we learned how to make were envelope liners. Envelope liners are a super easy way to add a little pop to the inside of an envelope and make for a nice personal touch. We used plastic templates Paper Source sells though I knew I could make my own stencils at home.

And so I did! You're probably going to lolz when you see how easy this tutorial is. 


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
  • Envelopes
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Double-sided tape
  • Paper for the liners  -- I used old wrapping paper but you can use almost anything. Maps, magazines, calendars, scrapbook paper all make good options!
  • Cardstock ( I used an old Lara bar box)
  • Ruler (maybe)


STEP ONE
Trace the front of the envelope with the flap open on the cardboard to make a stencil. I used the flat edge of the box to make it easier to cut. 

how to make envelope liners at home


STEP TWO (AND A HALF)
Cut out the tracing to make a stencil.  After you've cut out the stencil, use your ruler or eyeball it (which is what I did) to cut 1/4 of an inch all the around the stencil so that the envelope liner fits inside the envelope without being too snug.


STEP THREE
Use the stencil to cut out your liner. Again, I used the flat edge of the paper to make it easier to cut.

STEP FOUR
Place double stick tape directly underneath the envelope glue on the flap. Slide the envelope liner into the envelope with the print facing up. Line the edge of the envelope liner to the tape and press firmly. Fold the envelope at the crease to crease the liner. 

STEP FOUR
Send to your BFF.



No comments