Powered by Blogger.

leather and eyelet lace

H&M jacket | Loft skirt (in stores and not online yet) | Baublebar bib | Madewell tote | Target sandals | Loft sunglasses | Target v-neck
Photos by Kristyn

Last year, my friend Kristyn wore this skirt in a few different colors and I knew I had to add it to my closet, too. The length makes it work and play appropriate and while I've only showcased here with black (previous posts here and here), the color makes it extremely versatile. I've worn it with graphic tees and silk blouses alike. 


The eyelet pattern makes the skirt a little preppier than most things in my closet (or I'm comfortable with) but the square eyelet gives it a little unexpected flare. I'm not one for overt prep and even this skirts toes my line of comfort (which I imagine is comical for some of my preppy blogging friends). 


To balance out the prep, I try to add something unexpected like my favorite faux leather jacket or a casual v-neck tee. I also wear this skirt a lot to work so to make it for the weekend, I really wanted to draw upon the casualness of the skirt by adding laid back basics.

The result was something comfortable I could wear all day and still felt like me.


Just a few things to note about some of the items I'm wearing....
  • While I bought this skirt last year, this year's version is in stores and is a bit thicker. It is really tough to find a white skirt that isn't see through so run, don't walk, to your nearest Loft to get this skirt before it sells out again like it did last year. 
  • I bought these shoes at Target last weekend when I went in to buy garbage bags and cleaning supplies. They run true to size but take a bit of breaking in since the material is stiff. I've been wearing them around the house with socks on to give them a bit of stretch. I tried on a half size bigger but it was too big. 
  • Lastly, my v-neck. This is my all time favorite shirt and I own it in at least 5 colors and it is less than $10! I size up for a more fitted look and wash it in cold water so to not shrink it. I find that its quality is far greater than its price. It's not too flimsy and maintains shape after wash and wear.


4 comments

  1. That skirt is so gorgeous! I love how it brings out the pretty buds on the trees in the background!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alissa!! The flowers were just a pleasant accident when taking pictures!

      Delete
  2. LOVE how the photos turned out!! Such a fun skirt and I love seeing how you style yours. Great post love. Xo

    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend!! Glad you inspired me to buy it!

      Delete