Powered by Blogger.

a little white dress


Hi friends! I hope your week is off to a good start!

My mind has been a little all over the place recently. I'm this close to being done with finals, Aaron and I headed to California for six days later this month, and I have seven work events this month. I don't feel stretched thin -- I'm confident I have enough time and energy to get it all done -- but I'm feeling a little scatterbrained. My to-do list is quite long and with little overlap so I know that to stay on top of everything, I'm going to have enter autopilot for the month of May. Feeling reactive is one of my least favorite feelings so I have to be extra mindful of making sure that I stay proactive and in control of the whirlwind that is headed my way.

This is not my strength. As my mom likes to say, "you have many strengths but XX is not one of them."

With that in mind, I've been really working towards finding little things that can help me stay organized, focused, and proactive. It's not a long list so far but I wanted to share with you what has been working for me lately.

1 // WAKE UP EARLY FOR MORNING MEDITATION
I am not a morning person. Never have been and (I expect I) never will be. As such, my mornings are a bit of chaos. I rush around trying to get out of the house on time (spoiler alert: I almost never do) and then take the metro to work which is a bit of a shitshow in and of itself. The result is a pretty chaotic morning which consequently sets the tone for my day. I've been trying to wake up early, if only by 20 minutes, to meditate and set my focus for the day. Sometimes I do it before I get out of bed and other times, it is before I leave the house but finding these 15-20 minutes to breathe, map out my day, and set my intentions for the day has been making a real noticeable difference. 

2 // TAKE A BREAK AND GET SOME FRESH AIR
I had a coworker who everyday, unless it was raining, went for a walk -- even if it meant just walking around the block. I often use the excuse I'm too busy, or that I spent my lunch break online shopping, but taking 15 minutes for fresh air and (more importantly) a change of scenery has impacted my focus and productivity. I usually try to do this around 2:30 or 3 when I'm hitting my afternoon slump. Even if I just walk around the block, the act of stepping away from my desk allows me to exhale and re-energize. 

3 // WORK OUT AND EAT WELL
The littlest changes in my physical health make a world of difference in my overall health. Walking the long way to work, pushing myself to run that extra 5 minutes, or subbing snap peas for tortilla chips makes a noticeable difference in my overall wellness. This doesn't come as a surprise though it should stay on the forefront of my mind. Taking care of my body is a key component of taking care of my overall wellness.



1 comment