Powered by Blogger.

the latest and greatest from birchbox


I've been birchboxing for about a year now and I am such a huge fan. I sometimes read on their social media pages that people complain about the samples or don't think its worth the money. I wholeheartedly disagree. Of course some months are better than others and sometimes boxes can include a product you're not a fan of but more often than not, I find myself falling in love with a sample from the box. And if my box introduces me to a life changing product, the $10 is totally worth it. STILL not birchboxing yet? Whatcha waiting for??? Sign up here! :)

I wanted to share with you some of the products from recent boxes that I've been loving lately.

1-Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
I'm a hot tools junkie. I love a good blow out and have a long term and monogamous relationship with my curling iron. I have to remind myself sometimes my fine hair needs a break from the heat. First step in my recovery from hot tools was air drying my hair and the second was at least twice a week, a no heat style. While its working, this Protect & Detangle is letting me skip some of my no heat hair days. I use this on towel dry combed hair. Give a few spritz and comb through. It is amaze.
2. Number 4 Support Solution
Back in April, I had a mild highlight disaster and it took two additional sessions to fix the color. Needless to say, my hair was incredibly damaged afterwards. (But a wonderful shade of blonde might I add.) It's as if Birchbox  knew I was going to need product for my uber dry and damaged tresses. I was skeptical of the price point thinking there's no way its worth $30 for a full size bottle. Y'all, it is. On blow dry or curl days, my hair holds so well and feels soft and conditioned. It is a dream for these damaged ends.
3. Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray
My hair is pretty fine and has challenge holding a curl because of the texture. Enter: Oscar Blandi Texture and Volume Spray. It gives me hair just enough lift and the prefect texture for my curl to hold. I like to use this on days I have freshly cleaned hair to give it a little texture and stick. Normally on days 2 or 3 without wash, dry shampoo (oh and the dirty hair) gives me enough texture
4. Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse
This is like a good hair day in a bottle. This mousee gives my fine and quick to fall flat hair the perfect amount of oomph. It's not too sticky and doesn't leave my hair crunchy and combs through a round brush for a blow out perfectly.

5.Soleil Organique Environmental Defense Sunscreen Sticks SPF 30
My mother is a sunblock fanatic and consequently has incredible skin. I haven't quite reached her level but it is certainly a goal in progress. This sunblock stick is perfect to throw in any purse or make up bag and is so easy to put on. I use it mainly for my face. I use a sunscreen spray for the rest.
6. Folle de Joie eau de parfum
This just smells fantastic. End of story.

2 comments

  1. I have birchbox & ipsy & I love them both! I feel like I get more for my money with ipsy, but I'm still not gonna cancel my birchbox! ha. Your blog is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! I've been thinking about trying ipsy for awhile now but I feel too loyal to Birchbox, ha! Do you think its worth it to have both? I might have to try it out!

      Delete