Powered by Blogger.

snow day

You guys! DC has been a snowy winter wonderland for the past few days and I am OB-SESSED! This will be my third winter here and the first two winters were pretty mild and we hardly had any snow or snow that stuck. But not this year! I woke up Sunday morning, looked out my window and everything was dusted white.  My roommate gave me a hard time because I was just staring out the window like a little girl. She reminded me about the first time I saw snow falling - she and I had been living together for just a few months and were still getting to know each other when it first snowed. My eyes just lit up because I had seen snow before but had never seen it falling and I was SO jazzed. It was the first thing since I had moved that felt so "east coast" to me so I was super giddy. And it sounds corny but there something about the snow falling that feels magical. She grew up in Connecticut so while snow fall isn't novel to her, it was just as exciting and magical to her (although she would probably never use that word...)

And now two years later, we're living together again, she's one of my best friends, and we're still getting giddy over the snow together. Aaand she's still giving me a hard time for staring out the window :)

PS- GIRL can layer. She is like an expert in looking cute while bundled. Expect some how to bundle in cold weather and not look like a marshmallow tips from her coming your way soon. Sneak preview- she makes Northface snow boots look good.
snow day, hunter rainboots, aeropostale, cable knit, madewell, transporter tote

snow day, hunter rainboots, aeropostale, cable knit, madewell, transporter tote

snow day, hunter rainboots, aeropostale, cable knit, madewell, transporter tote
----------
hat- Banana Republic, old (similar)
plaid shirt- J. Crew Factory
Sweater- c/o Aeropostale
Skirt- Phillip Lim x Target
Tights- Gap (recently discovered and my new favorite brand for tights. so super comfy!)
Boots- Hunter
Bag-Madewell
Coat- H&M

PS- Linking up with Lauren and Laura today!

3 comments

  1. Love this look! That sweater is amazing!

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Outfit, you look adorable wearing your Wellies with Tights.
    Welly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU look fantastic in your winter layers! And I love how excited you are about the snow, I get that way every time and I'm from the East Coast :-) Stopping by from the Trend Spin linkup!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete