Powered by Blogger.

black, denim, and leopard


jacket (fyi,it runs big!) | belt | skirt | similar shoes (mine are from Zara last season) | sunglasses | clutch | bracelets c/o 
Photos by Kristyn

When I was editing these pictures, I thought to myself this could be one of my favorite outfits I’ve posted here.  Why? It just feels so me.

I’ve really been flushing out my closet so I’m only left with things I love. It’s been a slow process but I’m mostly left with clothes that I want to wear every day vs. pieces I maybe might want to wear some time in the future but not the foreseeable future. We’ve all got some of those things still hanging in our closets though, right? And while I may wear the same ripped jeans or striped shirt a lot, it’s okay because I love them. 


I’m left with a lot of black, white, brown, denim, and leopard print (no surprise there) which, on paper, doesn’t sound very sartorially inspiring. But when I combine those basics for a fun new-to-me combination like this outfit, having a smaller closet full of similar colors doesn’t feel redundant. 

Do you have a go-to color scheme? How do you switch things up? Add a statement earring or a pop or color?


Somewhat related: have you read this story of the woman of an art director who wears the same thing every day? I love the notion of creating your own uniform to reflects your personal style.  Though, I don’t think I could wear the same thing every day solely because I wouldn’t want to. I really enjoy choosing what to wear every morning (or afternoon if it is Sunday…) 


//
SHOP THE LOOK BELOW

3 comments

  1. Looking gorgeous my friend!! Love how the photos turned out and this has to be one of my fave outfits for you!! XO

    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look! I love your jewelry! :)

    xx, Ashleigh | Fashion in Flight

    ReplyDelete
  3. My recent and moving has made me purge a lot too! But if I'm honest, I have my favorite pieces and prefer to wear them over and over again... even though I'm a fashion blogger. Don't tell on me!
    Cheers,
    Katestylepetite.com

    ReplyDelete