Powered by Blogger.

keeping my pool bag packed

bag (30% off with code WEEKEND) | hat | similar sunglasses | cover up | tumbler 

This weekend was unexpectedly one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Don't you love those weekends? I love staying in DC during holiday weekends because it is a bit of a ghost town and an always welcomed change of pace. 

So the only plan for the weekend was to enjoy a three day staycation. It was a low key weekend of nothing. I had a few things I had to do but for the most part, I was wide open to say yes to only the things I wanted to do. So I filled it with lots of pool time, lots of friend time, one or two (or 5) margaritas, and a whole lotta sunshine.


Aaron and I made old fashion's at home on Friday, I saw Pitch Perfect 2 on Saturday night with my BFF, and I spent the afternoon laying out with my old DC roommates before one of them moves away next month for grad school. I pre-gamed a Nat's game I didn't go to, did some outlet shopping,  caught up on Southern Charm, and laid by the pool some more. 

It was quite actually the most perfect staycation.

If this weekend was an indication of the summer to come, and I sure hope it was, it is going to be a great few months. I think I'll just leave my pool bag packed just in case. 


How was your weekend? How did you make the most out of the three days?

3 comments

  1. Love that water tumbler, too cute!
    Sounds like you had a great weekend to ring in the start of the summer!
    xo Nan - Simply Elegant Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tumbler it's adorable, I have thought about buying that one many times, now I might just have to do it! I enjoyed three wonderfully quiet days at home. I read, worked in the garden and snuggled with the pups on the couch. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend, and looks like an adorable pool bag!

    ReplyDelete