Powered by Blogger.

spring cleaning

photos by: Kristyn

Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend?

In true Nicole fashion, I did some quality procrastinating rather than studying for my last final tomorrow. Whoops. But with Netflix now streaming Legally Blonde, did you really not expect me to take a little study break with my girl Elle Woods. You must really not know me. By the way, does anyone have a lucky scrunchie I can borrow? I'm going to need it.


In another effort to procrastinate, I cleaned. Aaron will be the first to tell you I only clean when what I'm supposed to be doing is I perceive to be really awful. So when it came down to studying vs. doing ANYTHING else. I chose anything else a.k.a cleaning.

If this weekend's weather was any indication, we seem to have skipped spring and headed straight to summer in DC. I took this as as a sign from the universe that it was time to pull down my warm weather clothes and pack up my winter clothes (and that global warming is a thing). 


In that box was this kimono -- the summer trend that won't die. I wrote about why it makes me SMH here and why it made me sentimental here. I have such a love-hate relationship with this thing which is ironic because it was the first thing I pulled out of my warm weather box. It's just so easy to wear and layer; isn't that a dream piece for a closet? I think the hate of my love-hate relationship stems from that is so trendy but I can't fight it anymore. I love this trendy ass kimno. 

There. I said it.


3 comments

  1. Love your kimono plus your layered necklaces. Great look.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEP. Found myself watching Legally Blonde last night, too -- oops?? Love your style! So glad to have found you through SBS! xox

    Annie Reeves

    ReplyDelete