Powered by Blogger.

all black everything

 Loft sweater | Bauble Bar Necklace | Banana Republic leggings | Similar Booties | Clare V. clutch | Karen Walker Super Duper sunglasses (borrowed from Kristyn via Shop Ditto. She used "southernanchors" for her first month free. Thanks, Jenn!) Pictures by Kristyn.

All black everything; just like my heart.

Kidding, kidding. I love Valentine's Day and I love love, so my heart is most definitely not black. But my closet is.


I love a good pop of color -- on other people. I think I have finally accepted that I'm a neutral girl through and through. Through closet cleaning and pinsipriation, it's clear I'm drawn to tans, blacks, greys, and stripes.

That understanding  gives me the freedom to play around with textures. Texture, color, and patterns? That's doing too much. But using textures to jazz up an ordinarily all black outfit to make an outfit something more is more my speed. Combining leather, fringe, and cotton add another dimension to an outfit. And while its not a pop of color, a bold gold statement necklace adds a pop while still remaining neutral.

And then there is of course leopard -- my favorite neutral. No explanation needed here.


A fit note about these pants. I can't find them online but they are still in stores but they are the Sloan Fit high waist leggings in faux leather (here is the all ponte version).

They are not the greatest thanks to a dreaded side zip. I mean, does anyone love a side zipper. Leave a comment if you do, I have a lot of questions for you. For us curvier girls, a side zip doesn't do many favors but ponte backed pants do so I was torn. I ended up biting the bullet with these pants because I've wanted leather like leggings for awhile now. Just know that you will have to wear something drapey or long to cover the top of the pants because the waist is not very cute.



No comments